Saturday, October 17, 2009

Lost In The Moment

Last night was October 16th. In south Texas, it was one of those cool, brightly starlit nights that a southern Texan yearns for; as we crave the dawn of what we hope will be a 'winter.'



I had one of my child-like moments again! For those of you getting to know me and follow me; you'll find, that I live 'in the moment!' My child-like moments are the best though! Life is just so short and sweet, that I have come to realize one must embrace each of our moments!



So last night, I walked outside, and quite naturally, my dogs, Lily and Annie were panting and licking, happy to see 'mommy!' - The stars were just soooo brilliant! As I looked over the house, I could see Cassiopeia beginning to rise over the Eastern sky. She's always been my favorite constellation. Not because of her mythological beauty, but because I can always find her in the atmosphere, and believe it or not, I actually have a star in her constellation! (oooh, a little FYI about me!) Hey, I didn't pick it to be there! It was fate!

(Anyway)



We have a small wooden deck out back so I decided to grab a couple of sleeping bags ( oh yeah ) Remember those teenage - sleeping out in the backyard days? Mom decided to check that out last night! I love camping! So here I am, by myself - (Labrador on one side, chihuahua on the other) TRYING to hide under the sleeping bags because as soon as the MOSQUITOS smelled fresh meat -- it was chow time.... Texas style~



I'm out here..... trying to have a spiritual...meditative, quiet, grounding, me-with-God- experience. Okay?



SURE!!!



Did you know that God.... has a sense of humor???



As I laid there, on my three pillows, fluffy sleeping bags, on my wooden deck; watching the stars..... mmmmmmmm .... My mind gently floating away. Relaxation finally beginning to set in. I'm beginning to think, "Wow, trees really do have energy auras."



then...........



at that moment the hefty weight of a black lab pounds across my stomach as her bark crashes in my ear! Little one's nails clip my neck as she too, MUST protect, must protect her momma.... and she dashes off the pillow and my neck, across the yard, her high pitch screech shrrreedddding the peace of the moment!



And there's God. Laughing. Oh, I just know he was! (She?) Whomever? My intentions were there! Tromp, tromp, stomp.... here come the dogs! Bzzzzt.... flight of the mosquitos! Oh, it is true.... Things really ARE bigger in Texas! (Except the men!) *But that's another story*



Once the dogs FINALLY settled down.... I rolled over, assumed the position. No.... not that position. The cross-legged, praying position to meditate. =) .... I cleansed my chakras, and grounded myself to the earth, and gave thanks to our laughing God for showing me the beauty in the energy of the trees. Honestly, it was the first time that I could see it.



The dogs took off a few more times, screeching and barking, and we did have one drive by, but no one was hurt, and I listened for broken glass. I thanked God for the miss! I prayed for peace because I honestly could not believe that even in my own back yard, it was so hard to find a moment of solitude.



I found myself missing the serenity and beauty of Montreal, and the moment I had with God in a friend's backyard as the snow fell. Oh my, what amazing peace and tranquility then. How I long for that moment! Even so, with last night's adventure, how blessed was I to be able to hear the chirping of crickets, and feel the cool breezes of the trees? I know that His Spirit was with me, and laughing with me, as I laughed inside and felt the tranquility and reverence for the earth as I did. Even with all the mis-adventure, there was actually time, to get lost in the moment and twinkle with the stars. * (c) Rachelle Cross - All rights reserved 10-17-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment